Responsibilities primarily include transaction monitoring and research of customers deemed to be "high risk" by our various financial institution clients as required by their respective Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) programs. This position can be located in our Cleveland/Highland Hills, Ohio location(s); Buffalo, NY or Phoenix, Arizona offices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proven ability to perform all Associate Analyst I tasks
- Concisely and accurately communicate issues, findings, and opportunities for improvement to management and executives
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
- Sound analytical, critical thinking and problem‐solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of management and functional groups
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Perform special projects as needed
- Write suspicious activity reports, and other applicable AML processes in accordance with regulations
- Perform Enhanced Due Diligence reviews
- Operates as a mentor and leader for peers
- Complete advanced tasks, such as quality reviews, as needed
- Transaction monitoring of assigned accounts to assess potential suspicious activity on the account, such as money laundering
- Identify data anomalies as they relate to AML initiatives, AML/BSA regulations, and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis
- Assist other members of the Compliance Unit, data management efforts, and other company employees to maintain and implement the most effective means of meeting the company's AML and other transaction analysis and reporting requirements
- Work effectively with multiple complex data sources and technical analytical tools/resources
- Work and contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
- Adhere to and comply with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), as well as adhering to company policies and procedures and client requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies and agreement terms during employment and applicable policy and agreement terms after employment ends. The employee shall also review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments regarding policies and employment agreements
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 or more of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) experience or Associates Degree with 2 or more years of AML experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, establishing cooperative and collaborative working relationships
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit , highly collaborative, able to express ideas readily, manage change fluidly, able to influence and identify opportunities
General Working Hours and Conditions
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.