The Desktop Support Specialist is primarily responsible for the day to day deployment, support and problem resolution of end-user computing devices such as PC’s, Laptops and Tablets. This includes hardware and software provisioning, troubleshooting and reporting.
This position will be located in our Highland Hills, Ohio office.
- Setup, deploy and maintain networked workstations, peripherals, and telephony within the organizations office locations. Maintain an accurate and detailed inventory and maintenance history of all software and equipment assets. Update computer assets in appropriate repositories such as Active Directory.
- Research and troubleshoot end-user issues with computers, printers, software and operating systems. Record all work in a ticket tracking system. Create and utilize documentation for common issues. Provide ad-hoc training, where appropriate.
- Provide regular support, maintenance, and configuration of audio, video, overhead projectors, large flat screens and other systems in public areas, event spaces, and conference rooms. Document operations of these systems. Coordinate with vendors on upgrades and repairs.
- Coordinate the technical system set-ups for external and internal client events in the centers. Provide technical support during special events. Consult with clients and staff about capabilities during the event planning process.
- Perform troubleshooting of network and wireless equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance and operation of enterprise and hosted systems operated or used by the organization. This includes MS Exchange, Active Directory, Etc.
- Stay informed about regular updates and new developments related to supported hardware and software systems. Make recommendations for operational improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness or to reduce costs.
- Responsible for after-hours emergency support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum three years supporting a variety of software/hardware products and working in a Microsoft enterprise environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office, Networking, Remote Access/VPN, Virus/Malware Protection and Removal, Printers.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Ability to document and escalate incident tickets.
- Experience supporting local and remote users.
- Professional and positive attitude and a willingness to constantly learn.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Rebuilding and configuring Desktops/Laptops and thin clients.
- Installing network printers.
- Network Protocols, Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange, VOIP and Terminal Servers.
- Ability to travel to other AML RightSource offices including Cleveland, Ohio, Buffalo, NY, Mississauga, Ontario Canada, Phoenix, Arizona, if necessary.
- Five or more years supporting a variety of software/hardware products and working in a Microsoft enterprise environment.