As a Director, you will primarily be responsible for exercising leadership and strategic direction over client projects, whilst supporting the growth of AMLRS' business and people. The successful candidate should possess strong working knowledge and understanding of U.S Anti-Money Laundering regulatory requirements and industry best practices in order to direct teams to produce high quality deliverables for clients on projects; as well as possess the ability to lead the development of new methodologies and approaches to address client needs.
The Director should understand and have the ability to work in an agile environment and be able to exercise governance and oversight on multiple AML/financial crime projects; using judgement and AML knowledge to manage risk and ensure that adequate time is spent on each assigned project; whilst appropriately delegating and supervising tasks assigned to Managers and/or Senior Managers on projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and lead the strategic vision for the Operations team, all while leading and motivating an office of 80 – 200 analysts. Responsible for leading and optimizing the delivery of AML client relationships and services.
- Lead financial crime/AML engagements in accordance with terms of service agreements stipulated in the executed statement of work/contract. Ensure day-to-day operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory, legal and company policy and requirements.
- Set the tone for quality standards and issue escalation and management on the engagement and serve as a point of contact for issues escalated by the Manager and/or Senior Managers on the engagement and ensures prompt resolution of potential issues while managing client expectations.
- Oversee the engagement leverage model to ensure that it is continuously assessed and adequate to meet the needs of the client; as well as consider and escalate any contractual amendments required to maintain sound operation and execution of the engagement. Identify top talent among the team to coach and develop into leadership roles.
- Leverage knowledge and experience to help identify new client opportunities (through client interaction and governance and oversight of the engagement team) and discuss with assigned SVP lead.
- Oversee and prepare metrics to support management and board-level reports, and ensure creation of reports to assist the other functions with forecasting and operational improvements (trending, production metrics, etc.)
- Routinely examine processes to identify opportunities for continued process optimization.
- Identify and resolve risks and issues, escalating as appropriate to keep management informed of identified risks.
- Proactively set up meetings with key client stakeholders to discuss relevant issues escalated by the engagement team, as well as oversee their resolution.
- Bachelor's degree level of education or higher in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- Twelve or more years of relevant U.S AML / Financial Crimes experience, with an understanding of regulatory requirements as it pertains to areas such as transaction monitoring, AML policies and procedures, KYC, EDD and AML independent testing, and compliance transformation
- Proven managerial and leadership experience and ability to coach teams of 1-50.
- Very strong entrepreneurial spirit - highly collaborative, able to express ideas readily, manage change fluidly, able to influence and identify opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to influence others and initiate complex, strategic change.
- Highly motivated with a positive outlook and the ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times.
- Strong management skills and demonstrated ability to develop employees.
- CAMS Certification