We are AML RightSource, the leading technology enabled managed services firm focused on fighting financial crime for our clients and the world. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio and operating across the world, AMLRS provides custom solutions to financial institutions, FinTechs, money service businesses, and corporations.
Using a blend of highly trained anti-financial crime professionals, cutting edge technology tools, and industry leading consultants, AML RightSource assists clients with their AML/BSA, transaction monitoring, client onboarding (KYC), enhanced due diligence (EDD), and risk management needs. We support clients in meeting day-to-day compliance tasks, urgent projects, and strategic changes. Globally, our staff of more than 2,400 highly trained analysts and subject matter experts is the industry's largest group of full-time compliance professionals.
The Financial Crimes Advisory (FCA) practice is currently the company’s fastest growing practice, with tremendous learning and development opportunities for Financial Crimes professionals. The FCA team is client-focused, fast-paced, collaborative, and team-oriented. We are committed to an inclusive and engaging team culture where all members of the team are empowered to do their best work. This Director of Analytics level role is an important contributor to the FCA practice.
- Tuning & Optimization of models used for Suspicious Activity Monitoring, Sanctions and Negative News Screening, and Customer Risk Rating
- Model validation for Suspicious Activity Monitoring, Sanctions and Negative News Screening, and Customer Risk Rating models
- Enterprise-wide AML and OFAC Risk Assessments
- Independent reviews of client AML and OFAC programs, including reviewing and assessing Policies & Procedures
- Know Your Customer (“KYC”) guidance and implementation
- Operational and Process consulting for key aspects of AML programs, such as SAR, CTR, Screening, 314(a) and (b)
- Staffing Assessments and Training
Other types of Financial Crimes Advisory work exists to identify strengths and opportunities across people, process, and technology.
- An understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC requirements, with experience developing, enhancing, assessing, or examining Financial Crimes programs.
- Ability to communicate complex technical approaches and results to non-technical audiences.
- Skill, interest and aptitude for organizing and analyze large data sets. Experience with statistical analysis and drawing insights from data, such as system threshold settings
- Programming and data management skills (eg. Python, SQL).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to engage with clients to define their needs, and to assess and recommend enhancements to their Financial Crimes programs as defined above.
- Intellectual curiosity, with a desire and ability to solve complex problems for our clients
- Confidence in ability to operate in a fast-paced client delivery environment, with focus on high quality work product and compelling deliverables
- Strong desire and commitment to help develop the FCA practice into an industry-leading team
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 3+ years of financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery). Qualifying fields of experience may include government, industry, and/or consulting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field.
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques.
- One of the following relevant certifications (CAMS, CFCS, CFE, CAFP, CIA).
- Experience with AML/BSA model management, including quantitative testing (above-the-line, below-the-line) and model validations.
- Participate in thought leadership initiatives such as white paper development and social media publishing.