The Financial Crimes Advisory (“FCA”) Senior Analytics Consultant will have the opportunity to work on multiple FCA engagements across a wide variety of clients. The FCA client base includes banks of all sizes, credit unions, money service businesses, FinTech companies, wealth management firms, Cryptocurrency entities, and more.
The FCA team is a full-service Advisory practice, helping clients improve their Financial Crimes programs to meet Anti-Money Laundering (“AML” / Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) requirements. The opportunity to work with our experienced team and access to industry best practices make this an excellent learning opportunity for skilled associates seeking career growth opportunities.
This Senior Consultant level role will experience engagements that include many of the following:
- Model validation for Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions/Negative News Systems
- Tuning & Optimization of Suspicious Activity Monitoring, Sanctions and Customer Risk Rating Systems
- System Implementation
- Data analysis and management
- Staffing Assessments and Training
- Enterprise-wide AML and OFAC Risk Assessments
- Independent Reviews
Other types of strategy consulting may include assessing, process, and technology environments identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for financial services clients. Many different engagement types exist and typically work varies from client to client.
- Engage with client on defining engagement needs, requests for information, analysis of information, and deliverable creation.
- Review and assess Policies and Procedures (“P&Ps”) for key aspects of Financial Crimes programs, and identify recommendations for improvement in adhering to P&Ps
- Analyze transactional and customer data to identify trends, gaps, recommendations, etc.
- Access AML and Sanctions monitoring systems to assess rules, scenarios, parameters, thresholds, etc. and evaluate those systems against regulatory requirements, customer risk assessments and industry best practice.
- Organize and analyze large data sets. Complete statistical analysis of data to justify recommended courses of action, such as system threshold settings.
- Participate in thought leadership initiatives such as white paper development and social media publishing.
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies and agreement terms during employment and applicable policy and agreement terms after employment ends. The employee shall also review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments regarding policies and employment agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to operate in a fast-paced client delivery environment, with a key focus on high quality and on-time completion of deliverables
- Demonstrated statistical programming and data management skills (eg. Python, R VBA, SQL).
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, macros, v-lookup).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery). Qualifying fields of experience may include government, industry, and/or consulting.
- 3+ years of relevant financial crimes related experience
- Advanced Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Accounting or related field.
- Experience with Machine Learning and other statistical modeling techniques.
- One of the following relevant certifications (CAMS, CFCS, CFE, CAFP, CIA).
- Ability to communicate complex technical results to non-quantitative audience.
- Experience with AML/BSA model risk including quantitative testing (above-the-line, below-the-line).