The Financial Crimes Advisory (“FCA”) Consultant will have the opportunity to work on multiple FCA engagements across a wide variety of clients. The FCA client base includes banks of all sizes, credit unions, money service businesses, FinTech companies, wealth management firms, jewelry stores, and more.
The FCA team is a full-service Advisory practice, helping clients improve their Financial Crimes programs to meet Anti-Money Laundering (“AML” / Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) requirements. The opportunity to work with our experienced team and access to industry best practices make this an excellent learning opportunity for skilled associates seeking career growth opportunities.
This Associate level role will experience engagements that include many of the following:
- Enterprise-wide AML and OFAC Risk Assessments
- Tuning & Optimization of Suspicious Activity Monitoring programs
- Independent Reviews of client AML and OFAC programs
- Model validation for Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions/Negative News Screening, and High Risk Customer models
- Know Your Customer (“KYC”) implementation and support
- Operational and Process consulting for key aspects of AML programs, such as SAR, CTR, Screening, 314(a) and (b)
- Staffing Assessments and Training
Other types of strategy consulting may include assessing people, process, and technology environments identifying strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for financial services clients. Many different engagement types exist and typically work varies from client to client.
- Engage with client on defining engagement needs, requests for information, analysis of information, and deliverable creation.
- Review and assess Policies and Procedures (“P&Ps”) for key aspects of Financial Crimes programs, and identify recommendations for improvement in adhering to P&Ps
- Analyze transactional and customer data to identify trends, gaps, recommendations, etc.
- Access AML and Sanctions monitoring systems to assess rules, scenarios, parameters, thresholds, etc. and evaluate those systems against regulatory requirements, customer risk assessments and industry best practice.
- Organize and analyze large data sets. Complete statistical analysis of data to justify recommended courses of action, such as system threshold settings.
- Participate in thought leadership initiatives such as white paper development and social media publishing.
- Assist AML RightSource co-sourcing operations when available.
- The employee shall review and adhere to the terms of all firm policies and agreement terms during employment and applicable policy and agreement terms after employment ends. The employee shall also review, sign and adhere to all company acknowledgments regarding policies and employment agreements.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to operate in a fast-paced client delivery environment, with a key focus on high quality and on-time completion of deliverables
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Political Science, English or related field
- 2+ years' of financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery). Qualifying fields of experience may may include government, industry, and/or consulting.
- Advanced Degree such as a Juris Doctorate or Masters or Business Administration or related field
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field.
- Demonstrated statistical programming and data management skills (eg. Python, R VBA, SQL).
- Experience with Machine Learning and other statistical modeling techniques.
- One of the following relevant certification (CAMS, CFCS, CFE, CAFP, CIA).
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, macros, v-lookup).
- Ability to communicate complex technical results to non-quantitative audience.
- Experience with AML/BSA model risk including quantitative testing (above-the-line, below-the-line)