You will work in a highly collaborative environment with internal teams and will be the subject-matter expert for HR compliance, policy interpretation, ADA accommodations, immigration and work visas, and corrective action coaching and related issues. The ideal candidate has deep experience in managing policies and programs to maintain compliance with all federal and local employment laws. You have the ability to interface and influence employees and managers of all levels to ensure compliance standards are upheld.
Ultimately you are a detail oriented project manager with strong organizational skills and a passion to utilize technology to support HR-related processes, staying current and up to date on the ever changing employment law landscape and takes immediate action when necessary.
You will also champion and lead Diversity, Equity & Inclusion companywide initiatives and bring your experience in building, executing, and delivering inclusion programs and training solutions that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and grievance matters, leave management, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Undertake tasks around corrective actions and coaching, compliance, policy interpretation, leave management; specializing in ADA accommodations.
- Assist with administrative tasks for several employee relations areas including benefits, ADA accommodations, employee relations issues, investigations, unemployment, workers compensation and exit interviews.
- Contribute to the development of HR objectives, including metrics, queries and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Ability to understand, interpret and advise on the application of various state and federal employment laws including, but not limited to, matters involving FLSA, FMLA, EEO, USERRA and ADA.
- Advise both employees and management regarding employment law, policies and procedures. Monitors annual compliance activities including employment law notice requirements.
- Conducts periodic audits of various Human Resources processes to ensure adherence to employment laws, policies and procedures. Report findings and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Advise and provide organization with specific trainings around diversity, equity & inclusion.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ of HR Generalist experience
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Professional Certification in Human Resources (PHR, SPHR, CP, SCP and/or HR Project Management certification.)