The Human Resources Manager will provide strategic and operational human resources support to the organization. This role will be a part of the People Operations Team and will be responsible for enhancing the employee journey at AML RightSource by creating and implementing company-wide policies that align with our values and culture. They will also engage with employees and leaders at critical moments in the life cycle of the employment relationship such as Accommodations, Investigations, Performance Management, and Workplace Threats.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment with internal teams and will be the subject-matter expert for HR compliance related topics. You will also champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion company-wide initiatives and trainings. The Human Resources Manager will also lead any company-wide wellness initiatives. This individual will be located at our Cleveland office, with the option to work from home.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and grievance matters, leave management, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Conduct timely, objective, and thorough internal investigations including, but not limited to: allegations of harassment, discrimination, accommodation, and retaliation and prepare all required documentation.
- Maintain detailed and accurate accounts of investigations with timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents
- Collaborate with leaders and key stakeholders on performance management solutions. This includes providing coaching and guidance to leaders as they have performance and coaching conversations with employees.
- Contribute to the development of HR objectives by identifying and analyzing employee relations data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Collaborate with key partners to develop and implement a plan to address root cause issues.
- Ability to understand, interpret and advise on the application of various state and federal employment laws including, but not limited to, matters involving FLSA, FMLA, EEO, USERRA and ADA.
- Advise both employees and management regarding employment law, policies and procedures. Monitors annual compliance activities including employment law notice requirements.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement tools, resources and solutions that help shape a positive employee experience. This includes conducting periodic audits of various Human Resources processes to ensure adherence to employment laws, policies and procedures. Report findings and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field
- 5+ years of HR Generalist experience
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations including a broad knowledge of employee relations and complex workplace investigations
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to manage competing, high priority topics and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Professional Certification in Human Resources (PHR, SPHR, CP, SCP and/or HR Project Management certification.)
- Law or Advanced degree