2 min read
Accounting Manager, AML RightSource - Buffalo, NY, US
AML RightSource : February 13, 2023
As the Accounting Manager, you will be a responsible for driving the finance workflows of the Company’s legacy AML services operation and certain aspects of the Corporate function, utilizing both internal and external resources to build a strategic and high-level business unit.
In this role you will report to the Corporate Controller of the global function. To be successful you must possess strong problem-solving skills, have an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, and be an agent of change, ultimately delivering meaningful outcomes for the business.
- Serve as all-inclusive finance owner for the Company’s primary – and largest – legacy operational segment, comprised of domestic US and Canadian operations
- Ensure timely and accurate (US GAAP) monthly accounting close
- Own general ledger activity, including intercompany impacts
- Lead reconciliation and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Drive resulting reporting and comparison to prior periods and budget / forecast scenarios
- Drive development of global intercompany workflow and ongoing reconciliation process
- Coordinating with Shared Service function to monitor related accounts receivable / cash collection impacts, accounts payable / disbursement process and payroll workflows
- Work with global corporate finance team to implement and maintain accounting policies and practices
- Implement and maintain internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting, safeguarding of Company assets, appropriate segregation of duties and best financial practices
- Work with global FP&A function to assist and oversee robust annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes
- Provide functional management teams with financial analysis needed to support business decisions and drive profitable growth
- Assist in implementation of company-wide accounting system / ERP system
- Act as liaison with external auditors and tax advisors as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5 – 8 + years of experience in US GAAP reporting and technical accounting application within a general ledger environment
- Comfort with end-to-end ownership of monthly close process, including utilization of standardized process workflows / timelines and internal controls
- Ability to drive beyond debits / credits and into subsequent balance sheet, income statement and cash flow reporting
- Experience collaborating with external accounting and tax firms to manage fiscal audit, tax provision and other compliance requirements
- Exposure to monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages, management reporting and financial presentations
- Familiarity with comparative analysis and reporting to budget and forecast scenarios, as well as coordinating the generation of underlying projected inputs (“bottom up” approach) by collaborating with leaders in other functional areas
- Comfort coordinating with shared service function to monitor and review related cash collection, disbursement, and payroll processes
- Certified public accounting certification
- Experience with standard finance / enterprise systems (i.e. NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with consolidation systems (i.e. Hyperion, BPC, etc.)
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However, this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
AML RightSource is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.