1 min read
Technical Lead - Software Development, AML RightSource - UK, EU, Remote
AML RightSource : February 09, 2023
As a Technical Lead you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a cross-functional product development team. You will be line-managing the engineers on your team, conducting weekly 1:1s, providing mentorship and ensuring everyone has everything they need to be
successful. You will also be contributing your technical expertise directly by getting hands on with the code and driving the design and delivery of new features.
As a lead you will be accountable for the impact your team has. You will be managing the team with effective planning, estimation and prioritization. You will maintain a high standard of quality, whether in the user-facing aspects of your team’s work or the developer-facing ones.
You will balance short-term priorities against long-term ones to ensure the team delivers on immediate customer priorities and is well-positioned to deliver on long-term ones too.
AMLRS offers advanced AI solutions built specifically for the financial services industry to expose entities who may be laundering money. Your team will be responsible for one of our web applications - a SaaS platform that is the interface between users and our AI analytics. The technology stack is Ruby on Rails with a React frontend. The team operates remotely across Europe.
- Previous experience leading a team of engineers.
- Comprehensive understanding of best practices across systems design, performance, scaling, testing and security within the web applications domain.
- Proven ability to plan, estimate and deliver on large and complicated technical projects.
- Prior experience working within an agile environment with a delivery framework like Kanban or Scrum.
- Strong sense of accountability across all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent mentorship skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pragmatic and able to make decisions that optimize customer outcomes in both the short and long term.
- Experience with React.
- Experience developing, deploying and operating software on AWS (or a similar cloud platform).
- Experience setting up and/or maintaining continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- Experience with infrastructure as code.
- Experience building service-based systems (microservices, SOA, or anything in between) using HTTP and message passing.
AML RightSource is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.