The Security Engineer performs security monitoring, security and data/logs analysis, and forensic analysis, to detect security incidents, and mounts incident response. Investigates and utilizes new technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities and implement improvements.
This role also is responsible for performing the day-to-day operations within the IT department to ensure the security of AMLRS technology, systems and data. This role will own and be responsible for the technology selection, configuration and integrity of security controls.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve the security of the company
- Assist reviewing, developing, and implementing new technology products to reduce risk and increase the AMLRS security posture
- Configure and monitor other enterprise health monitoring solutions such as Panopta
- Create technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Perform data analysis and produce metrics and reports
- Audit and configure security controls for Firewalls, Switches, and Routers
- Assist managing vulnerability scanning activities and add results to the AMLRS Risk Grid
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (5 Years in information technology technical role)
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Information Security frameworks such as ISO27001 & NIST 800.
- Experience with SIEM configuration, integration, tuning and operation.
- Ability to write scripts in any of the following languages: Python, Bash, and PowerShell
- Understands project and development plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.