About AML RightSource
We are AML RightSource, the leading technology-enabled managed services firm focused on fighting financial crime for our clients and the world. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, and operating across the globe, we are a trusted partner to our financial institution, FinTech, money service business, and corporate clients.
Using a blend of highly trained anti-financial crime professionals, cutting-edge technology tools, and industry-leading consultants, we help clients with their AML/BSA, transaction monitoring, client onboarding (KYC), enhanced due diligence (EDD), and risk management needs.
We support clients in meeting day-to-day compliance tasks, urgent projects, and strategic changes. Globally, our staff of more than 4,000 highly trained analysts and subject matter experts is the industry's largest group of full-time compliance professionals. Together with our clients, we are Reimagining Compliance.
About the Position
As a Director in our Financial Crime Client Delivery Services group, you will primarily be responsible for exercising leadership and strategic direction over client projects, whilst supporting the growth of AMLRS' business and people. The successful candidate should possess strong working knowledge and understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) regulatory requirements and industry best practices in order to direct teams to produce high quality deliverables for clients on projects; as well as possess the ability to lead the development of new methodologies and approaches to address client needs.
The Director should understand and have the ability to work in an agile environment and be able to exercise governance and oversight on multiple AML/financial crime projects; using judgment and AML knowledge to manage risk and ensure that adequate time is spent on each assigned project; whilst appropriately delegating and supervising tasks assigned to Manager and/or Senior Managers on projects. The Director is also responsible for identifying new client opportunities and supporting business development in general.
Provide operational soundness and compliance on AML/FC engagements:
- Lead financial crime/AML engagements in accordance with terms of service agreements stipulated in the executed statement of work (SOW)/contract.
- Set the tone for quality standards and issue escalation and management on the engagement.
- Serve as a point of contact for issues escalated by the Manager and/or Senior Managers on the engagement and ensures prompt resolution of potential issues while managing client expectations.
- Define and review KPI/ KRI/ dashboard reports needed to effectively manage risks on the engagement.
- Define and review all pertinent client deliverables prior to submission to the client.
- Attend key client meetings and ensure that internal and external meetings are attended by the appropriate AMLRS team members.
- Oversee the engagement leverage model to ensure that it is continuously assessed and adequate to meet the needs of the client; as well as consider and escalate any contractual amendments required to maintain sound operation and execution of the engagement.
- Ensure that Senior Managers on the engagement exercise appropriate oversight and management over Time reporting by all members of the engagement team.
- Ensure that client billing is completed timely and correctly and approve invoices in a timely manner.
- Work with Senior Managers on the engagement to ensure that performance reviews are completed appropriately and timely.
Contribute to AMLRS business development and growth initiatives by:
- Proactively set up meetings with key client stakeholders to discuss relevant issues escalated by the engagement team, as well as oversee their resolution
- Leverage knowledge and experience to help identify new client opportunities (through client interaction and governance and oversight of the engagement team) and discuss with assigned SVP lead.
- Organize and lead periodic touch points with client stakeholders to assess their needs and obtain feedback around AMLRS performance, including organizing and leading bi-annual/annual executive meetings with the client key stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate certain internal strategic initiatives across the Managed Services practice working closely with Sr Managers and Managers and providing updates to practice leads and rest of the organization as appropriate
Mentor and coach Engagement Teams:
- Establish and set the tone for developing strong, inclusive mentoring and coaching relationships on the engagement, across all staff levels.
- Set the tone and encourage personal development on the engagement (i.e. encourage attendance of AMLRS trainings and personal development events and initiatives)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field
- Twelve (12) years or more of AML / Financial Crimes experience, with an understanding of regulatory requirements as it pertains to areas such as transaction monitoring, AML policies and procedures, KYC, EDD and AML independent testing, and compliance transformation
- The following experience and/or knowledge is a plus: (i) Fraud and/or sanctions experience; (ii) Payments and/or Fintech experience; (iii) Understanding and/or knowledge of AML regulations.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and coach teams of 1 - 50 plus people
- Very strong entrepreneurial spirit - highly collaborative, able to express ideas readily, manage change fluidly, able to influence and identify opportunities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective issue management skills
- Demonstrated client and team relationship management and development experience
- CAMS Certification
AML RightSource is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.